A Dangerous Year, Kes Trester


I want to thank the author and Curiosity Quills Press for allowing me to read this book!

The Blurb 

Seventeen-year-old Riley Collins has grown up in some of the world’s most dangerous cities, learning political strategies from her ambassador dad and defensive skills from his security chief. The only thing they didn’t prepare her for: life as an American teenager.

After an incident forces her to leave her Pakistani home, Riley is recruited by the State Department to attend Harrington Academy, one of the most elite boarding schools in Connecticut. The catch: she must use her tactical skills to covertly keep an eye on Hayden Frasier, the daughter of a tech billionaire whose new code-breaking spyware has the international intelligence community in an uproar.

Disturbing signs begin to appear that Riley’s assignment wasn’t the walk in the park she’d been promised. Now, Riley must fight for her life and Hayden’s, as those around her reveal themselves to be true friends or the ultimate betrayers.

My Thoughts

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS BOOK?

I has everything I love when I need a quick read of good quality that will leave me dancing on my feet from expectations and guesses.

It's a secret service novel, I'm in! With a badass heroine! I'm double in!

Riley is the best main characters there is, at least for this type of book, and I enjoyed reading about her as she dive into a world that has never been hers. 

I loved how the plot unraveled, how the action fitted into place, and how well crafted and thought-out this all was!

But do you know what I hated?

THE CLIFFHANGER ENDING!

Can't wait for the sequel! 

Selected Quotes 

  • "Start as you mean to finish." 
  • "I'm the girl who learned how to shoot in case we had to fight our way out of Cairo again, the one who smuggled school books to a teacher in Yemen who was forbidden to have them, the one who stood at her father's side while he draped American flags over the coffins of Marines who were my friends, and the one who deserves to be here just as much as anyone else. That's who I am." 
  • "Nothing says love like giving the gift of incapacitating your enemy." 
  • "End them before they end you." 
  • "Never be less than you are because it's what people want or expect of you."
★★★★★

 Links 


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés