A Court of Wings and Ruin, Sarah J. Maas


The Blurb

Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

My Thoughts

 Prepare for incoherent fangirl blabbering about her babies.

I loved this book. I can't remember the last time I was grinning and squealing so much while reading, although I've read some great books lately. But this one... It just feels like home.

There was a lot going on. A lot. And it was incredibly well crafted, as Sarah J. Maas always does: you know that there is something linking all those plots together, you know that the characters are ten, twenty steps ahead of everyone else and especially you, and you can't figure it out.

But you trust her (and this is a dangerous thing to do, to trust an author). 

Here is a random collection of things I love, in no particular order:
  • Mor
  • Rhysand
  • Feyre
  • Rhysand
  • Cassian
  • Rhysand
  • Feyre and Rhysand
  • Feyre and Rhysand's couple
  • Rhysand
  • Vivian 
  • Rhysand
I know that now I'm going to get into some sort of a slump, because that trilogy is over (and 2018 is too far away from us now) and I desperately need characters like this in my life, and I really want to live in that magical world made of dreams and stars. 

Oh well. I can always join them when I sleep. 

Selected Quotes

  • "I hope you live a long, long life, and never know a moment's peace."
  • "My father will hunt you for taking his power if he finds out. And kill you for learning how to wield it.
    - He can get in line." 
  • "I let a sea of stars rock me into sleep." 
  • "I am High Lady of the Night Court.
    - There is no such thing as a High Lady.
    - There is now." 
  • "There's my darling Feyre." 
  • "I missed you. Every second, every breath. Not just this, but... talking to you. Laughing with you. I missed having you in my bed, but missed having you as my friend even more." 
  • "When you erupt, girl, make sure it is felt across worlds." 
  • "You're my equal. And as much as that means having each other's backs in public, it also means that we grant each other the gift of honesty. Of truth." 
  • "You found me when I needed you most, Cassian." 
  • "We are at your disposal.
    - I wasn't aware you could read." 
  • "A library is a temple of sorts." 
  • "The world should know how good you are, Rhysand - how wonderful all of you are." 
  • "You bow to no one." 
  • "Every time you lot leave me at home, someone manages to get gutted." 
  • "It's a rare person to face who they truly are and not run from it - not be broken by it." 
★★★★★

Links

Goodreads
Author's website
Twitter

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés